ITIL 4 – How does this work with…?Day 1
- Barclay RaeIndependent Management Consultant, Barclay Rae Consulting Ltd
Barclay is an experienced ITSM consultant, analyst and writer. He has worked on approximately 700 ITSM projects over the last 25 years, and also writes blogs, research and papers on ITSM topics for a variety of industry organisations and vendors. He has also worked for a number of ITSM organisations, and he delivers strategic ITSM consultancy, as well as media analyst services to the ITSM industry. He is an ITIL4 Lead Architect and a co-architect of the ITIL Practitioner scheme with Axelos. In addition, he is a co-author of the SDI SDC certification standards and a participant in the current ISO/IEC 20000 revision.
ITIL 4 is now being rolled with a variety of books and courses beyond the initial Foundation publication in 2019. Practical questions are being asked about how to use this with other existing frameworks and ways of working. This session lays out clear guidance on integration of some of the new ideas in ITIL 4. This includes e.g. value chains, practices and guiding principles, and how these can be best used with minimum impact.
Areas covered include:
- People, professionalism and culture
- Devops and Agile
- Service Desks
- ‘Traditional’ ITSM processes
- Robotics, AI and RPA
- Other frameworks and models – BRM, IT4IT, ISO…
Barclay is a co-author of ITIL 4 Foundation and lead editor of the ITIL 4 Create, Deliver and Support publication, as well as co-author of the SDI best practice standard for service desks.
Key take aways:
- A deeper dive into ITIl4 for practitioners
- An understanding of how ITIL4 works with some key models like devops, SDC
- Appreciation of ITIL4 from a human perspective