With exhibition space filling up fast for the 20th anniversary edition of SITS – The Service Desk & IT Support Show, the event’s organiser Diversified Communications UK has released its first preview of new products being unveiled at London’s Earls Court on 29-30 April.
Twenty years ago, few UK workers could have foreseen some of the technological advancements that now seem commonplace. Today, computers and portable devices play an essential role in day-to-day business operations for millions (22 million people – around 77% of the UK’s total workforce – use IT in their jobs).
In a world where even the most minor of IT faults can lead to serious disruptions and revenue losses, quality IT support professionals and service providers (in-house or external) are an increasingly vital component of any competitive business. Although their job titles may vary (an estimated 422,000 people work in ICT Management or IT strategy and planning roles across the UK and a further 65,000 are employed as IT User Support Technicians) and the industries they serve can be worlds apart – it’s impossible to underestimate the combined contributions of IT service professionals to the UK economy. And SITS14 is the annual go to event designed to give them the tools and knowledge to continue to enable their colleagues and clients to work as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Featuring the ITSM industry’s leading specialist vendors, integrators, consultancies and service providers, demonstrating the latest products and services, SITS is the UK’s leading event for IT service management and IT support professionals looking to keep up-to-date with the latest emerging trends and technology.
New exhibitors for 2014 include SunView Software, Absolute Software, Point to Point, Verasseti, Centrix Software, Seamlessly (launching the cloud-based Nexus® Service Platform in the UK); and USU AG – Europe’s largest provider of IT and knowledge management solutions. Industry leader Atlassian will also making its show debut this year. They’ll be introducing their recently-launched JIRA Service Desk, which integrates directly with JIRA – the issue management software used by more than 22,000 teams worldwide (including Citigroup, eBay, Coca-Cola, Netflix and United Airlines).
Another leading name confirming its presence at the show for the first time is Hewlett-Packard. Set to be a big draw for many SITS visitors, the corporation will be demonstrating its HP IT Service Management (ITSM) software solution.
It’s not just new exhibitors that have been quick to reserve their stands at SITS14. BMC Software UK, Alemba, Bomgar, Axios Systems, LANdesk Software, Cherwell Software, SysAid Technologies, Tools4ever, Global Technology Solutions, and xMatters, are just a selection of returning exhibitors looking to enjoy a repeat performance of last year’s busy aisles. At the time of writing, eight weeks out from the show, over 90% of available exhibition space is now sold out.
“SITS – The Service Desk & IT Support Show is an important event for xMatters, both as an opportunity to hear from key industry thought leaders, and to network with attendees and other vendors in the service desk space,” comments Teon Rosandic, vice president EMEA at xMatters. “It’s also a perfect time for us to share details of our latest solutions and technology to a highly relevant audience. It’s a show we have been involved with for several years and the attendees are of the highest quality. We look forward to participating in the show again this April.”
One of the keys to SITS’s continuing success is its focus on promoting innovation. The following is just a taste of some of the new launches timed to coincide with the show’s milestone anniversary:
- Hornbill Service Management will be hosting the first ever demonstrations of its new, innovative collaborative Service Management solution – designed to engage teams, optimise operations and deliver better customer experiences.
- Vivantio’s new service desk product VivaDesk gets its exclusive UK launch this April. Unveiled in the US last year, VivaDesk has already seen success with major implementations at Porsche and multi-national professional services company Towers Watson.
- TOPdesk UK will be previewing their 5.4 software release, and demonstrating a new Form Designer module, which lets businesses provide even faster services for customers. Their new Conversations widget also allows for improved operator collaboration.
- RMS Services is launching a new Service Management Suite – ‘RMS Point of Business’ at this year’s show. Fully web enabled, utilising the latest in application technology and features, it transforms the Service Desk into a centralised business management system; including areas such as Finance, Procurement and Resource Management.
- NetHelpDesk’s new launch is NHD2014. They’ve added advanced key features (such as new UTC time zone settings), and the integration with other products has been ramped up significantly in the Remote Monitoring and Management arena, with Kaseya, GFI Max and CentraStage plugins.
- GFI MAX’s new ServiceDesk is a powerful helpdesk tool and customer service solution, which will streamline processes within a support team. Recent enhancements include: Take Control integration, auto-closing tickets, export, and time capture enhancements. Whilst future developments include system tray integration, enhanced asset management, standalone mobile app, import capabilities, cost management and live chat.
- G2G3 will be showcasing a choice of new people-centric engagement solutions for IT service management; including much sought-after ‘Gamification Card Decks’. Their stand at the show will also feature virtual reality gaming and simulation platform, the Oculus Rift (to demo the latest immersive training environments that G2G3 have been developing for their enterprise clients).
- The Service Desk Institute’s ‘Big Red Toolbox’ (a comprehensive central repository full of best practice, inspiring ideas and invaluable guidance), is a new launch set to be constructed live at the show – with the help of SITS visitors. It aims to make a range of accessible tools freely available for service desk managers to use to help solve any service desk ‘issue’ they might be looking to fix or to simply improve upon.
“When IT service gets smarter and improves, the whole business gets smarter and improves,” says David Wright, director of professional services at SDI. “The SDI Big Red Toolbox will inspire service desk people to get smart and improve by giving them unique access to the right tools, in the right place, at the right time.”
Wright’s comments could just as easily refer to SITS – The Service Desk & IT Support Show, which has been providing its visitors with the “right tools, in the right place, at the right time” since it launched in 1994 .
SITS – The Service Desk & IT Support Show 2014 will take place at the Brompton Hall, Earls Court, London, on 29-30 April 2014.
For further information, and to register free in advance, please visit www.servicedeskshow.com and quote priority code PR14 (http://www.eventdata.co.uk/Visitor/SITS.aspx?TrackingCode=PR14). Attendees also benefit from free access to Infosecurity Europe 2014, Europe’s No.1 information security event, co-located at Earls Court.
Media enquiries & press pass requests to:
Emma-Louise Jones, PR Manager
t: +44 (0)1273 645134
Exhibitor enquiries to:
Laura Venables, Group Event Manager
t: +44 (0)1273 645138
The 19th edition of SITS – The Service Desk & IT Support Show took place at London’s Earls Court in April 2013, it attracted 4,362 visitors from 40 different countries. 91% of surveyed visitors rated their show experience as excellent/good.
SITS – The Service Desk & IT Support Show was shortlisted for Best UK Trade Show Exhibition (under 2,000m2) at the Association of Event Organisers (AEO) Excellence Awards in 2012.
High resolution imagery is available upon request:
Diversified Communications UK Ltd (Diversified UK) is a fast growing trade event organiser and publisher based in Brighton and Nailsworth (Glos). Diversified UK’s portfolio includes SITS – The Service Desk & IT Support Show; office*; Casual Dining (new for 2014); lunch!; Natural & Organic Products Europe; Nordic Organic Food Fair and Natural Products Scandinavia in Malmö, Sweden; Geo Business (new for 2014); Ocean Business (including Offshore Survey Conference & Ocean Careers); MARELEC Marine Electromagnetics conference in Hamburg, Germany; camexpo; Natural Products magazine; and the Natural Beauty Yearbook.
Diversified UK is part of Diversified Communications, a leading international media company with a successful portfolio of sector leading exhibition, conferences, publications and websites.